Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trial starts finally

After 2 years of waiting, the mental competency hearing begins today. That is 2 years after his scheduled execution date. 23 years after he brutally killed my sister. They (the victim's advocate people Texas) keep telling me not to do this but I can not help myself. I read more things about him and the murders on line yesterday. I already know how my sister died; I have the autopsy results. She was stabbed 6 times in the chest. She was stabbed so hard that the knife went through her entire body. There were cut marks through both sides of her jacket and a gash on the internal part of her scapula. It took a lot of strength and a lot of anger to do it. The first 2 girls were strangled to death after being raped. Ivy's body was so badly decomposed by the time they found her that they could not tell if she had been raped. She was fully dressed though. I like to believe she fought him hard and he was not able to rape her. That maybe that was why she was stabbed so brutally. I have been told that they can not tell that and that there is no reason to believe she was any different than the rest. Maybe that is true, but I like to believe she went down with a fight. She was his last victim. People saw him offer her a ride home. He was her friend's boyfriend. She lived a tough life after our father died. I think she was smart enough to not get a ride with just anyone. Her life was so different than the rest of us. My father's death meant the best stepfather in the world for me and over seas boarding school for my middle sister. But ultimately death for Ivy. I feel like so much of my life has been me walking on the edge of this black abyss but I have been lucky enough not to fall in. I wish it were the same for you Ivy.

No comments:

Post a Comment